It's May the 14th.

Hey there.
Well not much to write on because I called home just barely.
Let's see here. We drink a lot of soy milk. We eat a lot of noodles and rice. I love Hong Kong. 

So basically what I have learned for this week is that how important it is to always be thankful to the Lord, that He is truly mindful of us and is always listening to our simple prayers. So we had a rain week, which always seems to just be like a bummer because not really anyone wants to talk too much or as it seems. So we had been on our 3rd day or 4th day of rain and not having too much success. It was a bummer, but we kept our spirits up because, hey, i like doing this. Missionary work is hard but fun. So basically feeling good and all but then that day feeling a wee tired and man no one understood my Chinese so I was feeling man oh man. We had talked to a few people and they were like what? not too understanding me so of course my mind was like alright, you'll never learn this. You're the worst. You can't do it. So I was feeling maybe it was true, but I didn't want to think that way, I didn't want to feel that way. So what I did was think you know others had it worse, I have it pretty good too. I thought a lot on Christ those couple of minutes and then the song "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" came into my head so I sang it in my head and hummed it a little. It really seemed to help me feel that something better was going to happen. 

So we continued on and we saw a man sitting down under a coverage on a curb. He had a couple of beer cans next to him and didn't look to happy.. So we went over to him and talked with him. We eventually sat down and talked about Heavenly Father being mindful of us and how important prayer was. He seemed like yeah yeah, so I hurried and shared a quick story that came to mind. Basically a week earlier we were talking to this one guy on the street and a ton of mosquitos came flying in and all around us and we really needed to talk with him and I definitely didn't want to be bitten. So of course I say a little prayer in my head that the mosquitos will not bite us and leave us alone. Well by the time we were done talking they had pretty much flown away and were gone and we didn't have any bites! Just a simple prayer answered. So after I shared that the guy was like, wow, He does really like us. I was like yeah, in fact He loves us. So we chatted more and prayed with him, he even said one too. It was a tender prayer. We got up and he said he understood mostly all my chinese and was very happy to talk to us and that we had really helped him out. He is super busy because he works everyday of the week and gets a day off every couple of weeks, but i hope to see him again. 
Then not too much later we met this awesome guy who loved America and acted so american aka did what he saw the people do at the restaurant that he works at. It was hilarious and made me laugh. Funny things. Then he gave me a hand-shake hug or a "bro hug" and left. He was great and made me laugh. 

I'm pretty thankful that Holy Spirit had comforted me when I was starting to have doubt in myself and reminded me that it wasn't in myself I needed to have faith, it was in the Lord. and that I must remember that when I fully forget of how I will say something or how I will do something, and focus on completely them, it works out. It is amazing the things that can happen. That simple prayers are answered. Even something as weird as a 20 year old guy praying to not being bitten by mosquitos and that they will leave them alone even gets answered. Sometimes I thought those simple things stopped being answered when I was child because I didn't know as much then, but I will forever be His child. I am so thankful for all of this. 
Each day is a good day, even when it rains because as Boyd K. Packer says "It's always good weather."
Hope ya'll enjoy the good weather.
Loves
Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment