Hey Ohhh! June 9, 2013



Well last week was another week. haha thats is all i can think of. 

We have been doing a lot of finding. Just trying to find a new investigator to teach about this awesome gospel!

This coming will be pretty cool! This week is Dragon Boat Race! It is a tradition and holiday here. Basically it all started from a very loyal man to the King who was rejected by the king and he would not listen to him, so then the man jumped off a cliff into the water. The people didn't think this should have happened to him so they didnt want his body to be eaten by fishes. So they all threw in food into the water for the fish to eat instead. then they rowed around in dragon boats to scare the fish as well and to find him.
 Now the tradition is racing in dragon boats and they have these dumpling that are lots of rice and a meat all stuffed in a ball and steamed inside banana leaves. Pretty cool. The race is on the 13th. so thatll be cool to see as we are finding. the race is in our area! We have been able to see the teams practicing as well too. 

Well after lots of finding this week we had to good experiences. one was we found a man that was willing to sit down and talk to us. He really enjoyed our message because he had recently gotten over some addictions. He said that Jesus had helped him. At first he was hesitant because his Pastor told him we were evil and a cult. But as he listened he enjoyed our message. He liked it because he could feel the power of Christ like he had before. He then said you are not evil people. 

We have a problem of a  lot of "anti" material going around here. the book of mormon is called Moyimuhnging. It used to be momuhnging. and it doesnt help that if you dont read the correct character and people say the "Mo" word incorrectly, it can be interpreted as devil and then then the old way had muhn right after so it sounded like devils door. So we always have to explain that one out. 

Last night as we were out finding, we came upon a guy who said we didn't believe in Jesus Christ. So as we talked to him, we were able to bear testimony of Christ and talk more with him. After talking for awhile, he finally believed us that we believe in Christ. This was a very interesting and spiritual experience.
 As we focused on Christ, everything changed. I was praying that Heavenly Father would allow me to understand and also speak with power. I get nervous about that with the language. But as I was able to bear my testimony of our Savior, I lost all worries of the language. It didn't matter that I messed up and had to restart things, what mattered is that I knew Christ really lived and is my Savior.
 
I can testify that I do know that Christ lives. That he is my Redeemer and that we will always be there for us. No matter what situation we are ever in our life, He will come to us to bring us back. We truly are of His fold and He does know each and everyone of us. 
It gives me so much peace and strength everyday to know that He is going to help me. Makes the world a lot less lonely at times when you know that someone will be helping me. It doesn't matter that I can't see Him. I am just grateful that He is there. I truly can feel His presence and help..
Well I guess that is my letter for the week.
I hope all is well for everyone. If you're ever bored you can shoot me a letter if you want haha.
Loves,
Elder Connor Townsend
Muh life in a pic


No comments:

Post a Comment