"We will no longer flee" Feb.23. 2014

Alright so basically there is particularly one day of this week I want to write about and that's about it. Because I got a couple b-day emails as well, i have a little less time today. 

So first you're probably wondering, "how did elder townsend's bday go?" it was good. the day of my bday in HK was good, but the day of it in America was even better or the day of my baptism in HK was prime. aka the 23rd.
So real quick my birthday consisted of heading out early to go teach a less active member with a member and it went well. He was a a great guy but he fears he lacks the faith and scared to talk to others. So we talked with him a lot on faith and we will be bringing him Elder Holland's talk "Lord, I Believe" Afterwards we had a district find with our district. Then after that I had a late bday lunch, Since time wasn't really on our hands, we had some good ole McD's. Yep, Big n Tasty for me. Later we headed over to the church for an activity where we learn to make udon noodles. We had investigators there so it was a good time. On our way we met this cool kid and talked to him about how God will make him stronger. Then we had the activity and then headed home that night. So it was a busy bday! 

Well February 23rd rolled around and it was going to be a good day. We have this investigator who is really great. He came to church all dressed up and was going to attend Vox's (sisters investigator) baptism and better yet sing with the YSA for a music talent. We sang a Child's Prayer. 
Well this day was neat because Vox asked if I could help her be baptized. Of course I was glad to help and thought that will be so cool to help someone be baptized the day I was! Vox is super spiritual and just seriosuly such a role model. She makes everyone feel so loved when she talks to them. But I was also a little confused why she picked me and not her friends she made with some of the members. Well the baptism went on and it was a great experience baptizing her, you could just feel the power of the Holy Spirit there so powerfully. When she came out of that water she was really a new person. She was reborn. Now I felt all happy about that. 

Well towards the end she was asked to share her thoughts on her baptism. As she got up she bore testimony and then said there is 4 things I would like to thank. She first thanked the missionaries that found her on the street (they serve in another area), she thanked the sisters who taught her and spoke on that, she then thanked a member Yu Man Kit who he had helped her and also just brought her into the ward, introduced her to more friends. (Yu Man Kit is my hero though. so awesome) and then she said in Chinese for this last one I would like to say it in English because that is how I would like to express it and want him to hear it all. Then she said Thank you Elder Townsend for baptizing me and sharing this day with me. She went on to talk about when the sisters told her she gets to choose who baptizes her, she originally thought and wanted Yu Man Kit. She said her mind wanted it and he was going to do it. They were friends and so it would be great. But when the sisters asked her and she went to tell them, she said Elder Townsend. She had no idea why or anything, she just said it. Well later that week she was trying to figure it out why and then she said she found her answer. She said to me "He wants you to remember this date, but most importantly He wants you to know that He remembers you. He loves you." Vox talked more about how she was able to find that God is really her Heavenly Father and said that I was able to help her find that love and feel it. She shared some more things that were really touching and was really powerful that I have written down.
 Now,I don't write that to sound boastful or anything, but I write that because it was an answer to prayers. Obviously we all have hard times and desire to have the Lord's help. I share this because after what she shared, at first I was in complete awe. God had answered my long spent prayers. For honestly the first time in my life that I can remember, at that time I felt completely full. I felt as if Alma shared in Alma 29:10 or in Alma 27:17 when it says Ammon felt full. I have never felt that so fully in my life before. 
I won't get into details but recently I have been really seeking for that love, seeking to feel if God remembers me. Seeking to feel where i stand before my Lord. I have been seeking to feel if I am His son. Yes, I know these things, but I desired to feel. Through a brand new disciple of Jesus Christ, God answered me. She said some things that were the exact words I desired and the exact words I prayed for. This was the greatest day of my mission so far. It was the day I felt the joy and true love of the Lord. It was a day I will forever hold. I couldn't fall asleep my heart felt so grateful. I couldn't eat because I felt so full. I cannot describe how much this impacted me. My email will never be able to include all that I felt, but what I felt was really and it has given me a knowledge of my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know it. He is my Redeemer.

Later that night, Elder Holland spoke to the people of HK. It is the 65th anniversary of the church here and it was an event. It was inspiring and changing and it was beautiful. They had members share little testimonies and then Elder Holland shared. Due to the lack of my time, I will write more about this later also with his message to missionaries this tuesday, or if it is available to see the broadcast online, look it up. It will change you. He talked about how we are to run no more. All it times, we are told to flee from Babylon all the way from Abraham to the Saints of this Church. They are all pioneers because they have had to flee. But he said, "Here we are now. We are not going to run anymore..... that is why we are pioneers."  He continued that No generation, no dispensation has been asked this or done this. We are the last dispensation and we are the greatest. We are the combination of all dispensations. We are the same gospel as (then he listed off pretty much everyone in the bible and everything.) then he said "Plant your feet, Square your shoulders, Stiffen your back, and stand firm in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Live it Everyday, Every way."
Alright I am out of time to explain or write more. sorry. but i can say yesterday was one of those "turning events" and not because I heard great things, but because I felt them and I felt the power. It was something so real to me. 
loves
elder townsend


No comments:

Post a Comment